This privacy notice applies to the processing of your personal data when you apply for a position with us.
1. Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data
Lux International AG, Seestrasse 39, 8700 Küsnacht ZH, Switzerland, Tel: +41 41 768 88 88, E-mail: email@example.com (we or us) is responsible for processing your personal data in accordance with this privacy notice.
2. Categories of personal data
We only process personal data needed to assess your suitability for the relevant position. In particular, we may process the following personal data:
- information contained in the application form and documents (for ex-ample in your CV or in certificates etc.);
- information collected in the application process (e.g. from interviews);
- information collected from recruiting agencies, if you apply through an agency;
- information collected from former employers if you permit us to obtain reference information (subject to restrictions under applicable law);
- information collected from public sources such as the internet (subject to restrictions under applicable law);
- if you apply on our online career site, we may process technical informa-tion collected on the website. See our privacy notice on https://www.luxinternational.com/privacy-terms-and-conditions for ad-ditional information.
You are not obliged to provide us with personal data. However, we may not be able to process your application without processing the personal data set out above.
3. Purposes of processing and legal grounds
We process your personal data to examine your suitability for a particular posi-tion and, if applicable, the conclusion of an employment contract. Subject to your permission, we keep your application with regards to other vacancies in the future. Our processing under this notice is necessary for the evaluation and conclusion of an employment contract. We may also process personal data for legitimate interests, for example in an efficient onboarding process, and in safeguarding or defending legal claims, and in complying with legal requirements, and may process data based on your separate consent.
4. Whom we share your personal data with
We may share personal data with other group companies or affiliates if that is necessary to assess your suitability for the specific position, or for internal ad-ministration including using shared IT services. We may also disclose personal data to other recipients as follows:
- recruiting agencies, if you have applied through an agency;
- based on separate consent, for example when you permit us to collect references from former employers;
- IT service providers (for example operators of applications and storage services in connection with video interviews);
- as required to comply with legal requirements or protect or defend legal claims.
These recipients may be located in countries outside of Switzerland or the EU/EEA that have no appropriate level of data protection. In that case we rely on the recipient’s certification under the EU-US or CH-US Privacy Shield, if the recipient is located in the US and is certified, or ensure that your personal data is protected for example by requiring the recipient to enter into a contract that protects your data. If you wish to obtain a copy of such a data transfer agree-ment please let us know.
5. Retention and storage of your personal data
We store your personal data as long as necessary for the application process. If your application is successful, we will also keep your personal data as required for entering into and for the performance the employment contract with you. If the application is unsuccessful we will store your personal data for 6 months. However, subject to your consent we will store your data for up to 12 months, in in view of future vacancies. We will also store personal data for as long as re-quired to comply with legal requirements.
6. Your rights
You have the following rights as regards the processing of your personal data, provided that the requirements under applicable law are met:
- Access: the right to request, at any time and free of charge, access to your personal data stored and processed by us;
- Rectification: the right to have incorrect or incomplete personal data corrected or updated;
- Deletion: the right to have your personal data erased if it is no longer necessary or if you have withdrawn consent or have objected to the processing (provided there are no other grounds for processing), or if your personal data is processed unlawfully;
- Restriction: the right to request that the processing of your personal da-ta be restricted;
- Right to data portability: the right to receive or transfer to someone else the personal data that you have provided to us, free of charge, in a commonly used and machine-readable format;
- Right to lodge a complaint: the right to lodge a complaint with a compe-tent supervisory authority about the way we handle or process your personal data;
- Right to withdraw consent: the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.